Home Forums General Discussion Forum Looking for a book with several gear diagrams

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mikebob62
    Participant

Hi Guys,
      I wrote this in General discussion forum on Hermle drawings, but got no responses. So I’m trying here. I too am a newbie, I have a Hermle 341-020 strike and chime that wasn’t chiming. So I took lots of pics, tore it down, and cleaned the parts, found a #2 gear in the chime train that needed bushed. That went well. Now I’m trying to get it back together, and my pictures aren’t as good as I thought. I was in a local shop here several months ago, and he had a book with several gear diagrams. I’m looking for one for the 341-020, but am interested in the book that he had. Can anyone point the way? Thanks!
      Mikebob62

willofiam

Mikebob62, sorry if I missed your previous post. I have not come across those type of books you are mentioning. I have a beat up 341-020 in the shop here, what exactly are you looking for. gear train (between the plates), rack and snail mechanism with the auto correction, assembly of one or all of these areas? William

mikebob62
        Participant

Hi William,
          I did get it together with the plates on, but it is not running smoothly, so I’m not 100% sure that everything is in the right place. It looks like the strike and chime chains are pretty smooth, but the time train is a little stiff. I was looking for a gear placement diagram (between the plates) to verify that I have everything in the right place. Can you help? Thanks!

willofiam

Here are some photos of the movement 341-020

mikebob62
            Participant

Hi William, It looks like I got it right. Thanks for sharing this. Mike

willofiam

No prob Mike, now I guess you get to take it apart again :D . First thing that comes to mind would be a bent pivot in the time train, have to be very gentle with those pivots on these Hermle movements. Great practice though. Have fun. Let us know what you find out. William

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.