Home Forums General Discussion Forum Lever operated tail stock runner…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tmac1956
    Participant

All:

Has anyone ever built a lever operated tail stock runner attachment? Just curious…

Thanks!
      Tom

willofiam

I have not, would you make it with a micrometer stop? Been thinking of making a assortment of tailstock pivot runners, either like Bob has on his videos or like the ones originally made for the watchmakers lathe. Just need to see if I can purchase some extra time, anyone have some for sale? William

tmac1956
        Participant

William

I suppose that would make it a lot more functional.

Later,
          Tom

arutha
          Participant

I have thought about making my own Tom but have as yet to get my hands on an original one to see how it is done, I cant see how it can be that difficult. If I ever get around to trying it I will post up the results :)
            Paul.

david pierce
            Participant

Go to Youtube and wateh MAKING THE GINGERY LATHE TAILSTOCK.

tmac1956
              Participant

david:

I’ve watched a video by this guy before. Wow – he’s really good. I’d like to learn to cast myself, but I just don’t have the time. However, I can see where that would be a real plus when it comes to building your own tools. My idea was much simpler – just a simple lever attachment for my existing tail stock to use as a drill/reamer feed.

I’ve never seen so much done with so little. Now – I’m disheartened. ;)

Thanks for the great link and the great advise.
                Tom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.