Home Forums General Discussion Forum lathe videos

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    showaddywaddy
    Participant

hi bob the lathe videos don’t work pro ply it cuts of and flickers on lathe 1 and 2 i dident try the others the watch videos are ok showaddywaddy

Bob Tascione

Thanks for the heads up Showaddywaddy,
        I’m running them right now to see if there’s a problem. The Lathe and Clock videos will start and stop a lot if the internet connection is running a little slow…(yours or the Flash server that’s hosting them) so may just be a sluggish connection. Also can have a bit of connection lag time getting over to the UK. So far so good here though. I’ll jump back up here in an hour or so after letting them run.

Bob

Bob Tascione

Hi Showaddywaddy,
          Looks ok from here so far. The feed at the server is running full on so quite possible that local internet speed and distance are the problem. I think we can take care of that for you as I’ve just set up the entire course on another server that serves your area from a local server in the UK. It’s in the testing phase right now but appears to be working perfectly and will be launched in just a couple of weeks. If you would like to use (test) it out for me I think it will work for you and will help me at the same time! If so please let me know and I’ll set up a test user name and password and will email it and the link to the course right over to you.
          Thanks,
          Bob

watchthebear
          Participant

Hello all: Bob, while the subject is up, I love the improvements you made to the “motion works” section, the only problem is: if I go to use any of those short videos, or touch the pix at all w/ the cursor, I get the Blue Screen of Death. I have to turn off manually and do a restart in Safe Mode. Sure wish I could enjoy them; however in the totality of things it is one fly buzzing in the room, or in the village. It probably is unique to my setup. Anyone? take care…..stay well………………..b

arutha
            Participant

If you are getting the blue screen of death, that is something to do with your computer, not the videos :( Make a note of the error message next time it happens and type the main part into google, no guarantees but it might explain what the problem is.
              Good luck,
              Paul.

showaddywaddy
              Participant

thanks bob

Bob Tascione

You’re welcome Showaddywaddy!
                  I sent the info to you but noticed that you haven’t logged in yet. Please let me know if you’re having any problem getting into the other site and I’ll get you fixed up.

Hi B,
                  Yes I think Arutha is correct here. Most likely an issue with your browser. You might try clearing your cache, temp files etc. to see if that helps. If not let me know and I’ll give you a call tomorrow or whenever is good for you and we can try to trouble shoot it.

Adios for now,
                  Bob

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.