Home Forums General Discussion Forum Lathe tailstock

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mclark3617
    Participant

When i ordered my lathe i was told it had a drill chuck tailstock, this is what i got. Its either a collet chuck or the jaws are missing, the inside dia where the collet would go measure .172 or 4.3 mm. Has anyone ever seen one like this if so were do i find the collets?

willofiam

Would the headstock collets fit?

mclark3617
        Participant

No those have a bigger dia, the hole dia for the tailstock is only 4.3 mm

david pierce
          Participant

McLark,
            That looks similar to the collet arrangement in a Dremel tool and some pin vices. See if you can find one and try it out. I think Lowe’s and Home Depot sell these collets and they are not very expensive. Finding accessories is always a problem with older watchmaker lathes. One idea I might throw your way would be to purchase an ER-11 spindle from CTC tooling and turn it down to fit your tailstock. The spindles and collets are very inexpensive and the quality is excellent.
            david

mclark3617
            Participant

If i was going to do that i think i may prefer a small keyless drill chuck mabey 0-3 or 0-5mm

mclark3617
              Participant

The dremel collets may be it,,,the diameters are the same, i have one at home and never checked it

mclark3617
                Participant

Dave gets the prize, its a dremel collet. I could have swore that was the first thing i checked though.

david pierce
                  Participant

McLark,
                    Those collets should be available from a number of sources as well as the internet. it is actually a nice looking tool.
                    david

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.