Home Forums General Discussion Forum Latest Clock Purchase.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    arutha
    Participant

I was passing a charity shop today near where I live and I have to stop in as they do get the occasional clock. I spotted a wall clock across the room and almost ignored it thinking it was a quartz movement but thought I had better check. As I got closer I spotted a winding hole! so here it is, if I can get the pictures loaded :)

As you can see it is a Bentima 8 day clock with a Duvall movement. The overall diameter is just 11 inches.
      On the face it Has B.R.(M) and unless anyone can tell me otherwise will assume it stands for British Rail (Midlands Region).
      It is ticking away quite well but imagine it needs a service.
      Will keep you updated. Oh and the cost…just £20! :)

Bob sorry about the size of the pictures, do you have an easy way to resize them?

Bob Tascione

Hi Arutha,
        No problem with the pics. They could be a little smaller but look pretty good the way they are.
        Nice looking clock and great price!
        Maybe it’s just me not keeping up with prices but I’ve been checking clock prices online lately and it sure seems like they have dropped a lot over the past couple of years. Some really great deals out there. Does it seem that way to you too ?
        Bob

arutha
        Participant

Thats strange you should say that because lately I have been thinking the exact opposite. Bear in mind I have only been at this for the past 3 years so only have that period to go on but in that time the good old standard Stike Smiths clocks have gone up, they used to be around £25-30 but I have started seeing serviced and cleaned clocks making £130! Just to buy a runner is £40-50. I recently sold a Bakelite Smiths clock on e-bay which I had serviced, it only made £30! You have been around clocks a lot longer than I have, do you think the prices are coming down? I know on the stuff that needs a fair amount of cosmetic work the prices can be very low but the good quality clocks and good clean examples of the more common clocks do still seem to be making good money and a little more than I was seeing 3 years ago.
          There are bargains still to be had, I do keep a check on clocks being offered by distance, say a 20 mile radius, and where the seller offers collection only, this can sometimes pay off. :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.