Home Forums General Discussion Forum Landeron 248 Stripdown

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tukat44
    Participant

Does anyone have experience with Lantern 248 Chronograph strip down? I cannot tell how to remove the Dial, seems to be missing the normal dial screws on the edge of the movement. I appreciate any suggestions at this point.

Tukat

tukat44
      Participant

Sorry about the typo- seems my computer does not want me to spell out the name of the movement which should be Landeron movement 248

Bob Tascione

No prob Tukat,
          I’m in the process of re-sizing some photos of a Landeron 51 that I’m gonna put up here for you. Should be the same config. as the 248. Be back in a few minutes.
          Bob

Bob Tascione

Hi Tukat,
            Hope these pics help. Again they are pics of a Landeron 51 but pretty sure the dial feet hole pattern will be the same. You’ll find that the locking is done by way of a cam locking type screw. If you turn the screw back 1/2 a turn it should unlock it. You can tell when you’ve got it by lifting the dial a little while doing turning the screw.
            I’m pointing to the screws using a tweezer in the following pics.
            Hope this helps.

tukat44
            Participant

Thanks Bob- Working keeps me away for long periods- Thanks for the info, its as I thought but I wanted to confirm before I just started turning screws at random. This forum continues to be the most valuable resource I have.

Tukat

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.