Home Forums General Discussion Forum Korean Click/rachet wheel replacement

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    amhcng
    Participant

I am looking for help in replacing the click wheel on a Korean Clock, my question is how to remove the wheel form the arbor? It appears to be pressed on and would it make sense to heat and press it off? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Bob Tascione

Good to see you here amhcng,
        I haven’t seen a Korean movement for some time now so can’t remember how it’s setup. Others up here probably have one to look at and may be able to help you further.
        From your description though it does sound like you’re right on target. A little heat should make it easy to press or tap off.
        I know I didn’t tell you anything that you didn’t already know but you’ve got my vote if that means anything!
        Let us know how it works out amhcng.
        Good luck and enjoy1
        Bob

amhcng
        Participant

Bob Thanks for the reply I usally work on 400 day clock so this is new to me. I removed the arbor, the click wheel is still attached to I assume clutch plate on the back side of the large wheel. I come from school of ask first then screw it up so forgive me for asking the dumb stuff, it appears the back side is peened over to engage the plate. I have popped the plate off and pushed the click wheel out of the large wheel. Now all I need to do is find a new one. :)

Bob Tascione

Hi amhcng,
            That was a good question to ask. Better safe. I think I remember the set up now that you’ve explained it.
            Timesavers should have what you need at http://www.clock-parts.com/catalog2.asp?GroupID=302&Level=3
            Good luck Amhcng and Thanks!
            Bob

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.