Home Forums General Discussion Forum KD model 600 staking tool problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mclark3617
    Participant

Ok i just got my staking tool in and i need some help, im assuming the table is suppose to lock down. Mine doesnt, the knob on the back will turn and lock but the table is still loose. I took it apare , there is the table a spindle with the t slot, the locking knob with the offset shaft and the adjusting nut. It looks to me like the concentric part of the locking knob is going to far into the t nut spindle and not allowing the spindle to move down on the offset part of the locking knob. Can anyone clear this up for me. There are no washers

mclark3617
      Participant

Well im not sure if there were new parts added or these are worn, either way i added .01 shim to the t slots allowing the spindle to pull down farther,,,works fine now.

randy
        Participant

Glad you were able to resolve this.
          I don’t have that model, but I would think they would be similar to other K&D’s.
          I was about to take my inverto apart to look.

Could it just be wear ?
          I’m thinking that the previous owner overtightened the nut too many times…you don’t need a lot of force to hold the table in place.
          Anyhow…sounds like it’s working…which is a good thing !

Randy

mclark3617
          Participant

It only took a .01 shim in between the t nut from the anvil plat and the t slot..so i could be from over tightening. Im not sure how replacement parts fit,,seems like they would fit the same and not require shimming. So more than likely its from wear or improper use.

mclark3617
            Participant

Ive noticed on other tools there seems to be a bushing on the lower base were the stake would go through when inverted. Mine doesnt have it, could someone give me some dimensions of theres so i can make a new one for it? Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.