Home Forums General Discussion Forum Jacot Tool

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    stevefitzwater
    Participant

Ok, so I finally got my Jacot tool, and I am looking for suggestions on references for learning the proper technique, I have seen a couple videos, but they are pretty fuzzy and I have several books that cover it, but I still want to find as much as possible before I start practicing on some parts movements…

david pierce
      Participant

Steve,
        There is a video by Ron de Cort that is very clear and thorough on the Jacot Tool. I bought a copy off of the internet from a clock supply store but other sources such as Amazon or Ebay may have a copy for sale.
        david

tmac1956
        Participant

Steve:

I have Ron’s video as well. It was very helpful to me.

Later,
          Tom

stevefitzwater
          Participant

Thanks

stevefitzwater
            Participant

That video is proving a challenge to find, I have Fried’s book and De Clare’s book, and the Bulova School of Watchmaking, they all touch on it, guess I will continue the good hunt..

I went to the AWCI website and did not see it listed there, but I find lots of references to it on web forums, but they all lead to dead links…

bernie weishapl
              Participant

AWCI is a joke. They are in trouble and losing membership every year from 5,000 to 6000 a few years ago to about 1400. Their website is really going down hill. I quit paying dues a couple of years ago when they defended watch manufacturers over watchmakers in the parts issue and raised their rates to about $170 a year.

david pierce
                Participant

Steve.
                  You might be able to contact Ron de Cort directly by going to his webpage. He may have a way to get a copy to you.
                  david

david pierce
                  Participant

Bernie,
                    I looks to me like the entire industry is at some point controlled by the SWATCH GROUP. They own a vast range of companies that produce everything from the metal to make hairsprings, hairsprings (both metal and silicone), watch parts, complete movements (ETA), as well as complete watches (Breitling, Omega, etc.). Even other Swiss watch companies have to go through the Swatch monopoly for certain components. Swatch decides who lives and who dies in this industry. At the moment the Swiss watch industry is in the drivers seat but when I see Youtube videos of Patik Phillipe watch parts being knocked out with stamping presses and the dials produced with pad printers, I think it may only be a matter of time until the watch buying public realizes that they are purchasing a $100,000.00+ watch that is a glorified TIMEX.
                    david

gerene
                    Participant

David,

as far as I know, Breitling is not a member of the Swatch group.
                      Just to set the record straight.

Jan

david pierce
                      Participant

Jan,
                        Thanks, I looked at another source of information after you pointed that out. Breitling was buying chronograph movements supplied for their watches by ETA which is owned by Swatch. In 2009 they (Breitling) began making their own chronograph movements. The companies that Swatch owns are:
                        Breguet, Harry Winston, Blancpain, Glashutte Original, Jaquet Droz, Leon Htot, Omega, Longines, Rado, Union Glasutte, Hamilton, Mido, Tassot, Balmain, Certina, CK watch, Swatch, Flik Flak, and Endura.
                        They also own ETA which makes parts for TAG Heuer, Hubolt, Zenith, Baume & Mercier, IWC, Jaeger-LeCoultre, Officine Panerai, Piaget SA and Vacheron Constantin.
                        david

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.