Home Forums General Discussion Forum Is This REALLY Solid Gold???

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    maitai11
    Participant
      randy
      Participant

Solid gold is “usually” the reference to 24K.
        There’s a whole other education in this my friend. You’ll have to read up on it to get a better understanding.

The best that I can see is that it is stamped 14K..with an assay remark under the stamp.
        Hard to read in the reflection.

It more than likely is 14K,..as those that aren’t, are usually marked “14KGF” or “14K, Warranted for 15 years” and other phrases to that effect that let you know they are gold filled.

I would ask for better proof if you are interested in this one.

Randy

randy
        Participant

There’s a whole other education in this my friend. You’ll have to read up on it to get a better understanding.

The best that I can see is that it is stamped 14K..with an assay remark under the stamp.

It more than likely is 14K,..as those that aren’t, are usually marked “14KGF” or “14K, Warranted for 15 years” and other phrases to that effect that let you know they are gold filled.

Randy

randy
          Participant

Randy

chris mabbott
            Participant

I would be highly suspicious of this.. Because of

1. The photos taken from space
              2. No detail shown
              3. Even people living in caves know gold is valuable

Although as meine waffen bruder Randy has mentioned, there are some people who confuse a 14k gold filled for “solid gold” this is not the case here.
              If you look at what gold cases are selling for, the price of this one in question would be the postage cost of a real one.

Look at the facts… The seller is no little old lady with Alzheimer’s who doesn’t realize what she’s doing. This seller has been on eBay since 98, plus he offers NO RETURNS. And his name is Indwarches. So he knows what’s what.

chris mabbott
              Participant

2. No detail shown

Although as meine waffen bruder Randy has mentioned, there are some people who confuse a 14k gold filled for “solid gold” this is not the case here.
                If you look at what gold cases are selling for, the price of this one in question would be the postage cost of a real one.

Look at the facts… The seller is no little old lady with Alzheimer’s who doesn’t realize what she’s doing. This seller has been on eBay since 98, plus he offers NO RETURNS. And his name is Indwarches. So he knows what’s what.

chris mabbott
                Participant

2. No detail shown

bernie weishapl
                  Participant

With no more pictures than he posted I would be highly skeptical that it is solid gold. Probably gold filled. I looked at the pictures that he did post and like Randy I saw the same thing of 14K but little more. A lot of them when they do a hard sell watch because you won’t see a lot of pictures of the marks on the watch. Hard to tell for sure but again here it is lot of nonsense written to make a sale IMHO.

Was looking for a 400 day parts movement about 2 months ago when I came across this write up on a Kundo 400 day. I mean a page worth on how rare it was and had been expertly gone thru etc, etc, etc and had a $595 price tag on it. Then as I scrolled thru the 400 days still looking for my part there were maybe 8 or 10 of the exact same Kundo clock that I could buy for $29.95 to I think the most expensive was $59.50. His write up was just well you know a bunch of crap. 😳 😆

bernie weishapl
                    Participant

With no more pictures than he posted I would be highly skeptical that it is solid gold. Probably gold filled. I looked at the pictures that he did post and like Randy I saw the same thing of 14K but little more. A lot of them when they do a hard sell watch because you won’t see a lot of pictures of the marks on the watch. Hard to tell for sure but again here it is lot of nonsense written to make a sale IMHO.

Was looking for a 400 day parts movement about 2 months ago when I came across this write up on a Kundo 400 day. I mean a page worth on how rare it was and had been expertly gone thru etc, etc, etc and had a $595 price tag on it. Then as I scrolled thru the 400 days still looking for my part there were maybe 8 or 10 of the exact same Kundo clock that I could buy for $29.95 to I think the most expensive was $59.50. His write up was just well you know a bunch of crap. 😳 😆

bernie weishapl
                      Participant

maitai11
                        Participant

Thank you, guys…I’ll be buying a book on that aspect of it – grading, identifying, etc. I also was highly skeptical of this “solid gold” designation – and wouldn’t bid on it unless I knew for SURE what I was getting myself into – or if it was ridiculously low in price. Thanks to Bernie giving me the down-low on the Pocket Watch Database, I’m on my way, but I thank you all for your input :)

Best,

Tim :)

maitai11
                          Participant

Thank you, guys…I’ll be buying a book on that aspect of it – grading, identifying, etc. I also was highly skeptical of this “solid gold” designation – and wouldn’t bid on it unless I knew for SURE what I was getting myself into – or if it was ridiculously low in price. Thanks to Bernie giving me the down-low on the Pocket Watch Database, I’m on my way, but I thank you all for your input :)

Best,

maitai11
                            Participant

Best,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.