Home Forums General Discussion Forum inverted sleeve?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ChrisTorella
    Participant

hey all novice here! Im working on a beautiful Elgin 10 cased in /Fahys Montauk 20YR

the watch runs fine – the winding and setting was off and when i removed the stem i could see it was damaged

I have sourced – a number of replacement stems – but none pop easily over the bull -and i i dont want to force it .

Thanks to the course i just learned about inverted sleeve – and just want to confirm that thats not what i have here – before i keep trying other sleves

thanks

Chris

pic1IMG_9330IMG_9213

RandyBeamer
      Participant

Hey Chris.

Nice watch.

I think that you ( simply ) have a sleeve that has flutes and the barrel section snapped off from wear and “work hardening”…where metal just can’t hold temper any longer, along with dried up lubrication .

You will have to research the model using the serial number on the watch movement..but also cross referencing the case manufacture for that size of watch,..as one didn’t correlate to the other in many cases.

You may even find that you will have to send the watch and case to someone for a “fit”.

This can be a bit of a daunting task at times.

I would try Dave’s watch parts for starters..then Otto Frei if he can’t help

Randy

ChrisTorella
        Participant

thanks Randy – i was hoping to hear that (i think -O).. Funny enough i have some sleeves on order from Otto and a few more from ebay.. I’ll report back once i solve!

thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.