Home Forums General Discussion Forum Interesting video…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tmac1956
    Participant

All:

If you’ve never had any mechanical engineering courses (I haven’t), then you may find this video to be very helpful. Once you get past the fire and control intro, the film describes four basic mechanical component types that probably would apply in complicated movements – just on a smaller scale.

Anyway – here ya’ go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpkTHyfr0pM

Later,
      Tom

david pierce
      Participant

Tom,
        That is cool! It is amazing that it is possible to aim at a target between 20 to 30 miles away and hit it with a bomb that weighs several thousand pounds. I think the big cannons were 16 inches in diameter. The mechanical computers certainly had to take other factors into consideration such as the yaw, pitch and roll of the ship plus wind and humidity conditions. Aiming those cannons has very little in common with aiming a rifle at a target in a shooting gallery.
        david

Bob Tascione

Hey Tom that’s a fascinating video series!
          Didn’t have a chance to watch any of them until this morning and glad I did. Still more to watch later tonight if time allows but definitely want to see the entire series. These old Army, Navy military videos always give such clear working demos. I also like to watch the electronics theory and repair videos they put out for the same clear explanations (I like old radio stuff).

Thanks for posting!

Bob

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.