Home Forums General Discussion Forum Ingraham

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    don1954
    Participant

Hey Bob,
      The last i was here i was going to work on my Ingraham mantel clock.
      Well i got it all apart cleaned up pivits all done rebushed then had another friggin hart attack. Now im trying to get it together an having a hard time getting the chime train right and also the original escape wheel was distroyed. I cant find a escape wheel thats the right size mine is 48 teeth i have three other wheels all are different diamiters 48 teeth but smaller or bigger whats up with that where can i get the right one?
      As far as the chime train this clock dont have the cam like the one in you video it has the wire arms that catch pins on the wheels. i thought i took enough pictures but i didnt. I cant get it to strike on the hour and half hour corectly it starts to strike five past the hour and at 35 minutes
      The last patend was nov,79 I’m confused after not looking at it for a month after i took it all apart but i have put it together so manytimes now its easy except for timing the chime and that dang escape wheel. Thanks Bob Maybe you and others can help me out again is there any videoes any where that shows putting this on together?

Bob Tascione

Hey sorry to hear about the heart attack Don!
        I hope you’re feeling better now.

You can purchase Ingraham escape wheels at timesavers and also merritts.
        For the striking late problem I would first check that the hand isn’t on upside down. I know that sounds crazy but it happens all the time. The square hole isn’t always broached accurately which can result in a few minutes variation if flipped from one side to the other.
        Few American clock hands used collets with a square hole but if your hand does happen to have this arrangement then the collet can be moved forward in the hand a little. Again probably not the type of hand you have.
        If the hand isn’t upside down or of the collet type then you may need to bend the J-hook end (bend from just above where the j or hook begins) away from the center arbor lift pin/cam (strike release pins) just a bit. This will cause the strike to occur earlier. You may have to try this a few times before you get it right.

Again hope you’re feeling better soon Don.
        Good luck and let us know if this helps or if you still have questions.

Bob

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.