Home Forums General Discussion Forum Ingraham Clock Runs Fast

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    wingman
    Participant

The Ingraham Clock movement I repaired is running following the escapement wheel and anchor replacement. I can’t see any major difference between the newer and original, however its running fast and gains about 30 minutes over a 8 hour period. Adjustment of the adjuster only slows it slightly. I tried adding length of wire to the pendulum hook and this did work however I had to add about 1 1/2″ and it probably wouldn’t fit in the case. I tried adding weight to the bob but this didn’t seem to do anything. Could the pendulum suspension spring be bent or adjusted to get the clock to regulate?
      Any suggestions?
      Steve

Bob Tascione

Hi Steve,
        Not really anything you can do to modify your existing suspension spring. The first thing I would probably check is to see if it does fit in the case with the correct pendulum length. Just in case things are actually ok.
        If that doesn’t work and you haven’t already tried you might check that the locking and drop on BOTH entry and exit pallets is deep enough and equal. If the lock is too shallow you may have an escape tooth skipping by without receiving impulse. This will cause a clock to run fast. If I remember correctly your clock had a half dead beat escapement so sufficient lock will be important.
        Please let us know what you come up with Steve,
        Bob

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.