• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jspenard
    Participant

Hello, I am looking to repair or replace the center wheel on a 1936 E. Ingraham Co shelf clock. The center Wheel leaf pinion (brass) has a gaping vertical crack in it. I recently purchased a used movement on e-bay but that one had the same problem. I have been searching for either a new or at least intact center Wheel or a 10 tooth pinion for it but so far no success. Can anyone point me in the direction of a potential supplier for either the wheel or pinion. I looked at Timesavers, Merritt and Black Forest Imports, and did not see them listed on their web sites. Thanks very much for any help you can give me.
      John

digitaltripper
      Participant

Hi and welcome to the forums. Some pictures would be helpful, but from the description, this sounds like the same trouble Gilbert clocks have in that, the pinion that is on the minute arbor tends to crack. I made one by hand, and then Timesavers started selling them for $13 USD and change. I am not sure if this is similar to what you need or not but a picture is worth a thousand words. If you would be so kind as to post some, we can figure this out.

Again welcome to the forums!

Jim B.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.