Home Forums General Discussion Forum Inexpensive indexing solution

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    brianw
    Participant

I have found a youtube video that demonstrates what I think is a brilliant alternative to using a dividing head to accurately cut wheels.
      If you can’t afford an expensive commercial dividing head, this could be just what you are looking for.
      I’ll be interested to hear what everyone else thinks of this.

Bob Tascione

Thanks Brian!
        Haven’t seen that one before. Good idea! That’s a nice inexpensive way to set up a dividing system.

Bob

Anonymous

wow thank you Brian!
          That is simple. My son has one of those cameras so maybe I can try it out on my old Unimat lathe. If I do I will let you know how it worked out.
          Best, Phil

bernie weishapl
          Participant

Thanks Brian. Pretty good piece.

brianw
            Participant

I like to see smart innovation like this. Thinking outside the box. A bit like Bobs system of using wooden buttons and bits of wire to drive a wheel when filing and burnishing pivots.
              The fact is that if speed is not of the essence, this is a great way to get results that are just as good as you would get with an expensive indexing system. I like to dream that at some time in the future I will be able to invest in a dividing head, or perhaps a digital system with a stepper motor, but in the meantime this solution is for me.
              Brian

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.