Home Forums General Discussion Forum Incabloc Spring…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    digitaltripper
    Participant

Hello all,
      It has been awhile. I am servicing a Longene cal. 460 lady’s watch. In the process, while attempting to oil the balance jewel I broke one of the clips on the incabloc spring. I belive I have a replacment, however I am having a time trying to figure out how to remove the clip from the setting so that I can replace the spring. (see photos)

And here you can see what is left of the clip I have tried pulling, twisting, cussing, etc and I can not seem to remove what is left so that I can put in the new clip. As always any help you all have is very welcome indeed.

Jim

Bob Tascione

Good to see you Digitaltripper,
        You’ll need to press the incabloc jewel setting out of the cock a bit until the channel/slot comes into view. You can then remove the spring, insert the new one and press the setting back into the cock. Best to press it out with a jeweling tool or a staking set with a lever handle that allows for controlled pressing but if all you have is a staking set then that can usually do the job.
        Here’s a link to an incabloc shock absorber explanation and animation I did showing how to remove and replace the spring after it’s been cleared from the cock or plate: http://learntimeonline.com/blog/incabloc-shock-absorber-system/

Have fun
        Bob

digitaltripper
        Participant

Thank you Bob!! :mrgreen: Yes I have a K&D staking set that should work fine for pressing the setting out of the cock. Thank you for the link to the incabloc animation and great explanation of how the system works. Kudos to you on creating that animation!! My apologizes for the size of my pictures…I forgot to use the image resizer software on my computer to make them smaller.

By the way, Is the new site ready as I’d like to be part of that as well.

Thank you again.
          Jim

Bob Tascione

Hey Jim glad it was helpful.
            Sorry for the delayed response but on the road for a few days. No problem with the pics. I’ll resize them a bit later today.
            http://LearnTimeOnline.com is up and running now. The login is for the Hermle course. You won’t need to log in unless you’ve joined the Hermle course. I’ll be posting a bunch more up there within the next few weeks.
            Well take care Jim and please let us know how the incabloc spring change works out.

Bob

adiorio110
            Participant

@Bob Tascione wrote:

Good to see you Digitaltripper,
              You’ll need to press the incabloc jewel setting out of the cock a bit until the channel/slot comes into view. You can then remove the spring, insert the new one and press the setting back into the cock. Best to press it out with a jeweling tool or a staking set with a lever handle that allows for controlled pressing but if all you have is a staking set then that can usually do the job.
              Here’s a link to an incabloc shock absorber explanation and animation I did showing how to remove and replace the spring after it’s been cleared from the cock or plate: http://learntimeonline.com/blog/incabloc-shock-absorber-system/

Have fun
              Bob

Hi Bob

I have the same problem, I do have a staking set (not that I know how to use it)…Exactly how do I go about pushing out the incabloc enough to remove piece that is stuck and replace with new spring ..I have an AS2063 … It looks the the regulators are in the way.

Thanks
              Tony

Bob Tascione

Hey Tony,
                Sorry, I didn’t realize you had asked me this question.
                I normally just use a modified stump that has a clearance slot for the regulator arm to fit into and then just press it out a little bit. You can also remove the regulator to get it out of the way if needed.

Enjoy and again sorry I missed this question.
                Take care,
                Bob

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.