Home Forums General Discussion Forum Incabloc Replacement

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    stevefitzwater
    Participant

I think that is what it is called, but I have a movement where the shock resistant mounting for the balance jewels, one of the two arms is missing. How do you replace these? I have a parts movement for the part, I am just curious on how to replace it. From the looks of it, I think it is a press off, but not sure..

Bob Tascione

Hi Steve,
        I put this up on youtube just now for you. Watch to the end and you will see how the spring fits the assembly.
        Had to put an ugly caption over it to protect for now as it was a quick edit and is part of a course I’m working on.
        You can make everything out though. You can order the spring separate from the complete unit.
        http://youtu.be/FakIAZxcDII
        Hope it helps,
        Enjoy,
        Bob

stevefitzwater
        Participant

Thanks Bob… yeah I was thinking that was how it worked, but that help explain it even more…

tmac1956
          Participant

Bob:

This is very informative. I never really realized the mechanics of this system until now. When will this new course be available?

Thanks!
            Tom

Bob Tascione

Hi Steve and Tom,
              Glad the animation was helpful.
              I’m not sure when the course will be finished Tom. It kinda parallels the other main project that we spoke about on the phone a while back and would be ready well after that. At least another year and most likely longer. Thanks for asking.
              Adios for now,
              Bob

david pierce
              Participant

Bob,
                That is really nice. I hope you can get it done before Bernie and I turn 70.
                david

Bob Tascione

Thanks David. I hope so too. Time has been very hard to come by lately so projects are lagging a little but hopefully will catch back up to schedule within the next week or so.

Steve,
                  I just re-read your original post and realized I hadn’t answered all of your question. Yes you will need to press the setting out of the plate or balance cock to replace the spring.
                  Bob

stevefitzwater
                  Participant

NP Bob, and thanks for you time!

gerene
                    Participant

Steve,

it can be a pain to do this, because these little springs can fly! Sometimes when you are manipulating them they just disappear! What I do is to take out the setting from the plate and put it in a bit of rodico. Then I insert the spring and close the spring in the setting (without the jewels). This way the spring will stay in the setting while replacing the setting in the plate.
                      Maybe someone else has another (and better) technique.

Jan

stevefitzwater
                      Participant

Jan, a pain is an understatement!

good idea on the rodico.. will give that a try, THANKS!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.