Home Forums General Discussion Forum I’m back!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    peggy332014
    Participant

Hey! Everyone! I’m back!

My pc crashed last month and I lost all of my watch and clock files. so I’m having to “wing it” 🙄 to get caught back up! 😆 But I’m here! :D 😆

jdp020351
      Participant

welcome back

peggy332014
        Participant

:D :D :D

bernie weishapl
          Participant

Welcome back. Had the same thing happen. My old machine just gave up the ghost so got a new one. Hated Win 8.1 so just finished upgrading to Win 10. I back up all my mail, pictures, doc’s, etc onto a zip drive so at least I didn’t lose it all but just a pain to get back up and running.

peggy332014
            Participant

Hey Bernie! Mine was Windows 7. It was a refurbished one that I had purchased a couple of years ago, but it kept crashing promptly every other morning when I woke it up! Aggravating! But I always got it going with a reboot. What happened I have no idea but the day it quit, my media player was giving me an error message so I went to reboot and the system somehow deleted the boot file and that was the end of it! I did pull the hard drive and tried to pull out the files and they were all unrecoverable! Something happened to it. I did not have a zip drive to back it up. Yes, I should have backed it up at least on to a disc…but I didn’t and now I lost a bunch of stuff! I did back up the computer I had before this last one and did get some files from it. I had a Lenovo some years ago, and the monitor quit but I did get the hard drive from it and was able to finally recover files from it and finally got the book i was in the process of writing so now I can finish that! I bought an external drive the other day when I got this one now..so I just got to start over with passwords and get going on stuff.

I can go back to some of my posts here to recover some of the watch and clock pics that I had lost in the crash, at least!

Wow! How we learn the hard way! 🙄 I will be backing this one more often…for sure! 😆 :D

bernie weishapl
              Participant

My old one was Windows 7 but you can’t buy anything anymore except Win 8 and 8.1. I am sure it won’t be long and Win 10 will be the thing. I bought this one and it had 8.1 on it so I had a free upgrade to Win 10. I did and glad I did. It has some 8.1 and 7 combined which makes it pretty nice.

Yes I back up almost every week. Of course I have my Quickbooks for my business also on here so can’t afford to lose that. Glad your back up and running.

peggy332014
                Participant

Ya, I had the offer to upgrade to Windows 10 also, but backed out of the offer because I’ve been having error problems with Windows7 and since my pc was a used refurbished one I had bought, I didn’t want to do the upgrade. I’m sure glad I didn’t because a few days before the upgrade, my pc died. :D

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.