Home Forums General Discussion Forum Illinois clutch lever spring

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    willofiam

Hello, I have a 16s grade 304 model #7 Illinois pocket watch. My best guess for a clutch lever spring is #1532 BUT I would like your opinion before I spend too much time making a new one. As you can see the original has broke and it looks like it had stretched out the one side, could not find any pieces in the watch either. The reference book I am using is the illustrated manual of American Watch Movements by the E & J Swigart Co. Thanks and have a fantastic day :D , William

arutha
      Participant

Judging by the way it locates on those pins I would say you have picked the correct one, more than likely at some time in the past when it broke someone took the movement out to see what had happened and thats when the piece went missing. You have picked the same one I would have :)

willofiam

Howdy, here is the clutch lever spring I used, from another model 7 I had in stock. I think it would be possible to make another form of spring that would function yet it would not be original, in my search I found a couple of different versions. William

tmac1956
          Participant

William:

Nice job!

Tom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.