Home Forums General Discussion Forum Illinois 16s mainspring

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    c.kelly
    Participant

Hello all,
      It’s been a while since I posted anything but I’m starting to get a headache trying to find a mainspring for a 16s Illinois pocket watch. It is a 806 caliber Santa Fe dial. I think that makes it a model 9. I also think an Illinois mainspring part #47314 will work however I’m not sure. Does anyone have any idea here? I get in only a few pocket watches a year to work on and usually don’t have any trouble however today I’ve just gone brain numb. I’ve gone trough my books however I can’t find model 9 for some reason.
      Thanks,
      Charles K

willofiam

Hey Charles, I had a quick look and I am seeing #47316 = 20 1/2″and #47321 = 22 1/2″ or # I 505 I am looking at the Illustrated manual of American watch movements.

Bob Tascione

William it looks like we were looking this up at the same time this morning!
          I got the same numbers as you did for the Model 9. #47316 for 20 1/2 length and #47321 for 22 1/2 length.
          Charles where did you find the number #47314 that you came up with? Could be correct and maybe we can cross ref. to confirm.

Bob

c.kelly
          Participant

Hi,
            I can’t remember the site I was on however I saved one of the parts I was asking about on ebay and it is 20.5″ long, however it may have the wrong end. They did say this part was good for models 4-9, but I like your information better. I’ll search the numbers you mentioned and see what if any difference there may be. Thanks guys

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.