Home Forums General Discussion Forum If I had another lifetime…..

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    randy
    Participant

I would want to work for Mssr. Phillipe Dufour

I’d sweep his floors just to get the opportunity !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9nm1HfU2Y8

Great video of his atelier, and seeing how he works…

tmac1956
      Participant

Randy:

How does one turn on subtitles for this video?

Thanks!
        Tom

randy
        Participant

I wish I knew Tom !!!!

tmac1956
          Participant

Randy:

If they are available on the video I know that one has the option to turn them own in the viewer. Apparently, this one doesn’t have them. To bad I can’t speak French. Heck in this part of the country it’s arguable if we can even speak English! ;)

Thanks!
            Tom

Bob Tascione

Hi Guys,
              If you’re interested you can watch a video of Phillip Dufore in English at the my new blog that will be launching in a couple of weeks. It’s still under construction and I haven’t put my articles up yet but his video is up. The blog is at http://LearnTimeOnline.com
              I’ll post up here when the blog and integrated facebook fan page are up and running.

Enjoy!
              Bob

tmac1956
              Participant

Bob:

I will. Right now, the Alabama versus Auburn game is about to begin. First things first you know. ;)

Thanks!
                Tom

randy
                Participant

I’ve seen this one…excellent videos on Dufour and Halter.
                  Stephan Pahlow is another one I watch frequently.
                  I dig around a lot on youtube, trying to pick up techniques/ tips….

Your blog should be an interesting dimension to your sites Bob…really cool.

Randy

david pierce
                  Participant

Also check out PERPLXR and THE WATCH REPAIR CHANNEL.

david pierce
                    Participant

Is HALTER the little skinny guy on the MOPED? He has one heck of a nice shop. Both of those guys have devoted their entire lives to making watches and have done very well at it. I would guess that even if you had the money to buy one of these beautiful watches, you would be placed on a waiting list for many years. A couple of others that come to mind are Roger Smith in England and and an American named Roland Murphy who manufactures watches in Lancaster Pennsylvania. They also produce nice watches. My personal favorite of all time is George Daniels.
                      david

randy
                      Participant

Yup that’s him.( Vianny)
                        Roger W Smith was George Daniels only apprentice. A great craftsman in his own right.
                        They are doing a movie about the two of them that’s to release next year.

I really want to see Roland Murphy’s shop.
                        He has a great story about how difficult it was for him to get tools/help from the Swiss……

R

tmac1956
                        Participant

@Bob Tascione wrote:

Hi Guys,
                          If you’re interested you can watch a video of Phillip Dufore in English at the my new blog that will be launching in a couple of weeks. It’s still under construction and I haven’t put my articles up yet but his video is up. The blog is at http://LearnTimeOnline.com
                          I’ll post up here when the blog and integrated facebook fan page are up and running.

Enjoy!
                          Bob

Bob:

The video is incredible – thanks for allowing us access to that. So… how long until the launch of your blog site?

Thanks!
                          Tom

Bob Tascione

So… how long until the launch of your blog site?

Thanks for asking Tom,
                            Not sure at this point. Hoping it all comes together before the end of this month (Dec.). Still lots to do though. Everything is pretty much up there but is sitting behind the scenes at this point. Trying to integrate everything is a challenge but making some progress daily. Was hoping to get it operational before the affordable health care site was fixed but they beat me to it! I think they may have a little more money into it than I do though! :D

Bob

tmac1956
                            Participant

@Bob Tascione wrote:

So… how long until the launch of your blog site?

Thanks for asking Tom,
                              Not sure at this point. Hoping it all comes together before the end of this month (Dec.). Still lots to do though. Everything is pretty much up there but is sitting behind the scenes at this point. Trying to integrate everything is a challenge but making some progress daily. Was hoping to get it operational before the affordable health care site was fixed but they beat me to it! I think they may have a little more money into it than I do though! :D

Bob

Yeah… they spent about a billion dollars on development and rollout, but the good news is that yours works. ;)

Tom

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.