Home Forums Member Shop Pics. Humble beginnings

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    blondfellow
    Participant

My journey into the addictive realms of horology. Now that I have started here it is time to redesign the workshop

gerene
      Participant

Welcome to the forum. Your workshop looks great, but your pictures are really small. Can you post a bigger size?
        You might want to look at Chriss Mabbot’s thread about attaching pictures: http://clockrepairtips.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6
        Thanks,

Jan

blondfellow
        Participant

Here we are I hope these pics are of a better size

gerene
          Participant

Thanks for these pictures, you have a nice looking workshop!

Jan

bernie weishapl
            Participant

Nice looking shop.

willofiam

Very nice, how do you like the roll top? also looks like a KWM bushing machine? I have the same style, works great. William

blondfellow
                Participant

Thanks guys, I have only had all this gear since last year. I bought a deceast estate, good but $2000, come with a lot of tools and parts. I am only now getting to know it all, this course is helping a lot. there is a lathe and bench grinders, not to mention a couple of very nice altrasonic cleaners. one for watches and a bigger one for clocks. This is a bit troublesome as it only works when I belt it, is replacement motor units hard to find? I have watch parts for seiko, omega, ETAS, and some I never heard of before. Luckly I am into Seiko as the parts are well sived through, even a micro fish of all Seiko up to 5 years ago and I am into vintage so this is a dream. A lot of clocks and parts enjoying these now that this course is teaching me the finer uses.
                  My only frustration was the day after I got all this home I had to go on a vaction for 2 month to Europe, loved the holiday but in the back of my mind all the time was getting home to play.
                  I had my bench on the big bench but found the roll top a lot better and safer, I must be a good Catholic as I am on my knees a lot with my nose an inch from the floor, the roll top catched a lot of these now thankfully. I have only been adicted to horology for just under 2 years but I like to think I am learning pretty fast.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.