Home Forums General Discussion Forum How to unwind a pocket watch when the click is buried.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    fillipj
    Participant

Hello all,
      I am brand new to watch repair and I’ve take apart 2 Elgin watches, and both of them the click is buried under the mainspring barrel. I don’t know how to unwind it without accessing the click. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

maitai11
      Participant

Hi Fillipj,

Welcome to the board. Regarding your question, anytime you want a truly definitive answer, posting pictures would be a good thing. It’s difficult to know some things if we don’t see it, or at a minimum, know the model number, and even serial number. If you could post a pic or two, that would be great! Tutorial by Chris Mabbot at the top of the General Forum subject headings.

All the best,

Tim Cotter

willofiam

Hey fillipj Look near that area for a small hole that would lead into the click. the holes are put there so you can insert a pin of some sort and push the click to release. Be ready with your let down tool so it doesn’t release all the power at once. Have fun and Merry Christmas, William

fillipj
          Participant

Understood:

Here are some pictures of the current movement I’m working on. Thanks! http://imgur.com/a/GnUUP

fillipj
            Participant

williofiam, sure enough, I found it. Seems obvious now, but I looked all over the place, and all my reading refers to movements with the click being exposed. Thanks you guys, you’ll being hearing more from me. :mrgreen:

maitai11
              Participant

That’s a good job there, Fillipj, nice pics, too!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.