Home Forums Hints, Tips and Tricks How to make Re-Pivoting a Little Easier

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    arutha
    Participant

I recently bought a job lot of .33mm carbide drill bits. I had an idea they would be great for pre-drilling for re-pivots and they have more than proved their worth. I did a .6mm pivot on a tiny fly last week and carbide drills make the job so easy. I can now pre drill with one of these and then finish the hole using a standard steel spade drill. I have found that if you buy boxes of ten of the same size they come quite cheap. Just dont use too much pressure and they cut so well it makes them worth their weight in gold when you come up against a hard arbor and your steel drill bit is just “polishing” the start of a hole.
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pro-10Pcs-PCB-Print-Circuit-Board-Carbide-Micro-Drill-Bits-Tool-0-3mm-to-1-2-mm-/400754417716?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item5d4ed32034 Here is a link to some in China but just type in carbide drill bits and you will see plenty.
      Paul.

willofiam

Hey Paul, yes those are nice to have, somewhere I had come across a couple of boxes of those in a pile of stuff I bought….as clumsy as I can be I broke several while they were chucked up in my tailstock..the real small diameter ones..just a tiny touch the wrong way and they will snap right off but if I can keep from fumbling around and pay more attention….they do work well. Thanks Paul…William

bernie weishapl
        Participant

Thanks Paul. Good stuff.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.