Home Forums General Discussion Forum How do you demagnetiser

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    blondfellow
    Participant

I have never been able to operate my demagnetiser properly. Every time I demagnetise my tweezers they end up more magnetised than they were. Please can some one tell me where I am going wrong.

arutha
      Participant

Hold your tweezers on the demagnetizer, pres down the button and draw them away from the unit slowly until around 12 inches away then let go of the button.
        It doesn’t work very well on brass tweezers ;)
        Paul.

david pierce
        Participant

I bought a demagnetizer just like that one off of Ebay. It only cost $10.00 and works great. I like it. :ugeek:

blondfellow
          Participant

Thanks for the info, is this how all demgnetising is done by drawing the object away from the machine, watches etc. It worked well on my tweezers.

chris mabbott
            Participant

Yes, basically with these low powered degaussing units. If you’re using it on small screws, you may want to place those tiny objects in a container before running through the field, or they can jump into space 😮

arutha
              Participant

I use one of these old things, works very well indeed.
                Paul.

chris mabbott
                Participant

It’s funny when you compare the cheaper Swiss model, or the pass through type that Paul posted, to the ultra expensive bergeon model… The tech is the same, so why the 1000% price increase…. I wonder 🙄

bernie weishapl
                  Participant

I have one similar to Pauls. When passing something like a balance with the hairspring on it I wrap it in watch paper before passing it thru.

chris mabbott
                    Participant

😆 I learnt that the hard way Bernie 😯

Oh yeah, some of the new ones also state, on the bottom, DO NOT USE IF YOU WEAR A PACEMAKER.. 🙄

Or do they mean a colt peacemaker?

arutha
                      Participant

Another warning is with regard to quartz watches, dont put those through either!
                        Paul.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.