Home Forums General Discussion Forum How do you add picture to a post

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    kybill2011
    Participant

Not to computer savy. Can anyone explain how to post a picture to a post.

Bob Tascione

Hi Bill,
        It can be a little confusing but don’t let that deter you from posting pics. I can always edit them after they go up.
        If you know how to size the photo then making them somewhere between 640 to 720 is great. If not no problem. Any size over that will do and I’ll just scale them to fit after you post it.
        When posting you’ll see a tab that says “Upload attachment”. Click that and you see a button that say’s “Browse”. Click that button and then navigate to the folder and or file location. Click “Open” (could be different depending on your system) on the popup box and then click the “Add the File” button. Then click in the text area of your message where you would like the photo to appear and click “Place inline”. Sounds complicated here but is actually much easier. Might have to try it a couple times until you get it.
        Again if the size turns out to be gigantic after you submit your post don’t worry about it. As soon as I see it I’ll download the pic and will re size it for you.

Good luck Bill,
        Bob

kybill2011
        Participant

Duuuuuuuh. I must be getting old, I mean older. When I pulled up a new post I looked and looked and looked and did not see the upload tab. Just like I did not see the mainspring barrell arbor right in front of me. Getting old is no fun. Thanks Bob.

Bob Tascione

Haaa,
            I think it’s just an illusion Bill. We’re not getting older. All those other people are just getting younger! :)

arutha
            Participant

Yeah Bob, I am computer savvy and I cant see the upload tab? I have been up loading my images to photobucket and then clicking on direct link and then hitting the little “Img” button and pasting the link in between the two squared brackets. where is this upload tab? :?
              A-ha! I have just spotted it, its under this very window I am writing this in. Directly under this window it says “save draft” “Preview” “Submit” and then under that it says “Options” with the small white boxes and next to that tab it says “upload attachment”
              Got it :) I will try it out tomorrow once I have learned how to re-size my pics :)
              20 years ago I would have spotted that straight away :(

Bob Tascione

Hi Bill,
                In your last post I thought you were saying you had finally found the upload tab. After reading Pauls post I now realize that you still may not have located it.
                Yes as Arutha said, it’s right below the text box when you’re writing your post right next to the Options button.
                Let us know if you run into any problems uploading.
                Good luck,
                Bob

arutha
                Participant

Bob, how do you adjust the picture size when uploading pictures?

Bob Tascione

Hi Paul,
                    I use Photo Shop and Gimp. Gimp is free and can be downloaded from Gimp.org

I’m testing a mod right now that auto sizes everything and if it works without any complications I’ll install it. No pic re-sizing will be required if it works out ok.
                    Should know later today.
                    Bob

arutha
                    Participant

Good luck with it :)

Bob Tascione

Hi Paul,
                        The modification didn’t work too well. It was java script and worked okay but only if people have java enabled. Downloaded another one and will try it tomorrow.
                        Hope the back is doing a little better today!
                        Bob

arutha
                        Participant

Keep trying Bob, I am sure you will work it out. My back feels a little better today but still cant drive or bend too much. I did manage to get a clock stripped, cleaned and put back together, only needed one bush and one of the hammer arbor springs fitting back into the plate. The entire case however had to be rubbed down as there was next to no varnish left on it. Its a bit of a beast but I think it will look quite nice when it is done.
                          p.s. Is that ok? resized to 3 inches and 150 pixles?

Bob Tascione

Hi Paul,
                            Nice case style!
                            Yes the pic size is great. You can also go larger with a pic if detail is important.
                            I’ll try that new program a little later today when things settle down a bit around here.
                            Adios for now,
                            Bob

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.