Home Forums General Discussion Forum Hermli 130-070 bim bam strike set up

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sparkey0151

Hi, i have this Hermli 130-070 movement that strikes bim bam style on 2 bells, my problem is i got it in a few bits and pieces state, the clock will run but it does need a clean and service, my problem is on winding the winder it just goes into chime as the rack does not seem to drop back down, my feelings are a set up problem so im just asking for advice on set up etc before i strip it down and service i would like to have a working clock movement then i can take pics and get on with the job, or maybe i have a fault,

regards john

willofiam

I must have missed your post, sorry. Study the function, take pictures. The fault your describing could be a number of things. Go to https://learntimeonline.com/ and look at the Hermle clock course that is for sale. I think your movements chime and strike mechanisms would be very similar to what is used in the course, not sure though unless you post some pictures of your movement.

Anonymous

I think William is right but I’m no expert. Could be a lot of reasons you are having that problem. First thing I would do before anything elso would be to give the movement a good cleaning. May just be a sticky lever not dropping down. If it’s something else you will have at least eliminated the most obvious reason that I run across,,, gunk.

Dan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.