Home Forums General Discussion Forum Hermle movement

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    chaplin37
    Participant

Quick question I just serviced a gentle movement for a customer and it ran fine for me for a week and chimed perfectly good. I gave it back to the customer and advised him about the clock being level or it will throw off the beat. Didn’t hear from the customer in about 5 days and then he called me to say the clock would run and stop sometimes and that it no longer chimed but if he hit the case (something I didn’t need to hear as it made me cringe) he said it would start touching again. My question is if he advances the minute hand too fast past the 15, 30, 45 and hour mark without letting it chime can that throw off the chime and stop the movement on a rack and snail movement

willofiam

@chaplin37 wrote:

if he advances the minute hand too fast past the 15, 30, 45 and hour mark without letting it chime can that throw off the chime and stop the movement on a rack and snail movement

I suppose it can though those movements are designed to automatically correct the chime sequence over a hour or 2. difficult to say for sure though sometimes if the rack drops and is not picked back up it can get caught behind the snail when it is going from 12:00 to 1:00 causing stoppage.

chaplin37
        Participant

Thanks, figured it out that the star wheel needed adjusting. Another question is the beat is slipping I bought a new fork so how would I remove the leader from the verge? Or anyway to shim the part on the fork so that it’s not so loose?

willofiam

Hey chaplin37. @chaplin37 wrote:

figured it out that the star wheel needed adjusting

I am wondering what your adjustment was here? @chaplin37 wrote:

I bought a new fork

Pictures would really help. Have a nice evening. William

chaplin37
            Participant

Star wheel was in the loaded position

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.