Home Forums General Discussion Forum Hermle Movement disassembly Manual

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    rbickings
    Participant

Good Afternoon,
      I am a newly and have taken the Tascione clock video course and have at least a working understanding of how my grandfather clock works. My clock has a Hermle 351-050 114 CM movement in it which needed cleaning and oiling. I took numerous pictures of it from all angles before I disassembled the whole movement, and is now in various marked containers, awaiting cleaning, oiling and reassembly. My question is, do any of you know where I can get an assembly drawing/directions for this movement just in case I get stuck?

Thanks so much,
      rbickings

bernie weishapl
      Participant

This is the only repair manual that I know Hermle has put out. http://timesavers.com/i-8945876-hermle-service-manual-by-roy-hovey.html
        Or get it here. http://www.merritts.com/clock_parts/public/productlist.aspx?SearchText=hermle+service+manual&x=0&y=0

This book does not have the illustrations but I have one I bought from Hermle way, way back when that does have them in it. I could make a copy of the 351 and e-mail it to you.

rbickings
        Participant

Thanks so much Bernie for the links…it would be terrific if you could copy the illustrations and send it to me…I plan to clean, oil, and reassemble the movement this coming weekend.

Blessings,
          rbickings

willofiam

Hey rbickings, I am with Bernie, have not found anything other than what he has mentioned. I have an extra copy of that service manual I am going to list on ebay. It does not have any detailed pictures, it does have a lot of good information though. You should be o.k. with the photos you have as far as getting it together but there would be some other things to look for when setting it up which the book will have that for you. Have fun, William

bernie weishapl
            Participant

William can I post that picture here for him or should I send it via e-mail? If it needs to go via e-mail I will contact Bob to send it.

willofiam

Hey Bernie, best to send email because of copyright stuff. William

rbickings
                Participant

Thanks so much guys, you’re the best!

Blessings,
                  Richard Bickings (rbickings)

bernie weishapl
                  Participant

Your welcome Richard. I will get it to you.

rbickings
                    Participant

Hey Bernie, did you get my return email reply responding to the one you sent me?

Thanks,
                      Richard Bickings

bernie weishapl
                      Participant

Yes I did. Will try to get it out today. Had service calls all day yesterday and didn’t get it done. Sorry.

rbickings
                        Participant

Oh sure Bernie, sorry, duty calls and that takes precedence…I currently am working as a pastor in Bethlehem, PA, so I understand…I hope that if I retire someday, that I can open a clock repair business to supplement my income…I absolutely love working on my clocks!

Thanks again,
                          Richard Bickings

bernie weishapl
                          Participant

Dick I sent you a e-mail with several questions on your movement. I would like a picture of the front and back of the unit if you can. You can e-mail those to me. Having a problem finding your movement with a 114 cm pendulum. Thanks.

rbickings
                            Participant

Hey Bernie, I so appreciate your help, but I was able to get every component cleaned, oiled, and reassembled (using the pictures I took), and it is now back in operation, keeping time, chiming and bonging correctly…hallelujah! I did notice, however, that the chimes and bongs are quieter…not sure if the hammers are a little farther away from the chimes then originally…is there a rule of thumb?

Thanks,
                              Dick Bickings

bernie weishapl
                              Participant

One thing I will say when assembly of the movement and lever that does not make a full revolution I never oil. On the chimes I just keep adjusting them till they sound good and are about 1/8″ or so from the rods. When they get bouncey as I call it the hammers are to close. Sometimes after cleaning if the hammer lifts and the hammer tails have worn some they won’t lift as high and therefore be softer. I always put a little watch grease on the hammer tails. Cuts down of the wear some. Just some things to look for.

rbickings
                                Participant

Thanks again Bernie, I will readjust since the hammers are around 3/8-1/2″ from the chimes. Also, thanks for the grease suggestion, I did notice some wear on the tail ends of the hammers. Have a fabulous day!

Blessings,
                                  Dick Bickings

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.