Home Forums General Discussion Forum Hermle Movement

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tenntod
    Participant

Hello Everyone, I’m a newbie to horology but I’ve been a life long tinkerer. I’m working on a Hermle 351-020I bought off Ebay.. I was excited to learn about the video that’s specific to the Hermle movements, so I purchased it. This movement needed to be disassembled to clean it properly. So, I’ve followed Bill on the video step by step to reassemble but I have a problem I don’t know what is wrong. I have put the auto correction components together, to the point of testing it’s operation. In the video you have to manually lift the lifting lever and everything starts turning and does so until the little pin drops down into the slot on the control cam. Mine is not doing that. As soon as I put a couple twists on the barrel everything starts turning and will not stop until the spring runs down. The levers lift up and stay up as the center cam turns and the lifting lever goes crazy bouncing up and down. The chime locking and control cams do not turn either. I hope I’m making some sense here. If so, is there someone who can give me a idea what I have done wrong. And, what I need to look for. Thank You!
      Sincerely,
      Ted

willofiam

Hello tenntod, welcome. 2 things I would look at first…. @tenntod wrote:

The levers lift up and stay up

Make sure the levers are able to move freely, gravity and sometimes a small spring allow them to drop back into place. @tenntod wrote:

The chime locking and control cams do not turn either

These are usually attached to the arbors with a set screw. Please review set-up in the videos. Have fun. William

tenntod
        Participant

Hello William,

Thank you so much for your response. I will double check what you have suggested and review the video again.

Have a great day,
          Ted

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.