Home Forums General Discussion Forum Hermle 451 fly and stop wheels

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    disciple_dan
    Participant

Hey, y’all.
      I’m working on a Hermle 451 this week. I can never seem to remember which fly and wheel go on which train. They are nearly identical except for tooth count. One is fine and the other less. I’m thinking that the fine tooth one always go’s on the strike side. Is there as easy easy to remember? And why? Thanks guys and have a merry Christmas.

willofiam

Hey Danny, easiest way for me to remember is to not mix them up :D I would not rely on @disciple_dan wrote:

the fine tooth one always go’s on the strike side

With all the different style movements out there I do not think this would be the case. Taking photos of the movement before disassembling always works. If you have to figure it out there are formulas you can use with tooth and pinion counts, center distances ect… you would be able to determine which is which or even figure out a missing wheel size. Though I am going to have to have a couple more gallons of coffee this morning before getting into that . Have a Merry CHristmas

clockmanbill
        Participant

I like to put a small make on one, either one, that helps me get them in the right place. I sometimes use two different containers to hold the trains in , keeps them apart. And if needed I’ll wire the train gears together when I put them in the cleaner and from that point on keep the trains apart. Just my two cents

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.