Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BernardWeishapl
    Participant

Well it has been a while since I have been on due to health issues. Finally have gotten those things pretty much under control. I just finished up the Ultra Online Course. This course is a must for clock and watch repair even after 44 years in my shop IMHO. Anyway made a few changes in the shop since I had been away. I now use a Sherline 5400 milling machine for bushing clocks. To me it is the most accurate way to bush a clock especially using pin gauges to find the exact center of a worn hole. I use both end mills and bushing cutters to make the holes. It is also extremely easy to find the exact center if someone has bushed a clock off center. Anyway back in the saddle again. Will be checking in now and then. Going to try and figure out how to post a couple of pictures of my setup.

Bushing A Clock on a Mill 1Bushing on Sherline 1Bushing A Clock on a Mill 2

Thanks,

Bernie

RandyBeamer
      Participant

Hi Bernie.

Nice to know that you are doing much better,..and good to see you back on the forums !

Congratulations on the tool upgrades,..they make this craft a lot easier to “manage”.

All the best

Randy

BernardWeishapl
        Participant

Yes definitely as my late dad would say work smarter not harder. LOL I was looking for something that was accurate and could be used as a depthing tool to find the correct position of a pivot installed out of place. I went to a class given by a guy and he definitely made my mind up in those 5 days. They have a course on how to use a mill as a bushing tool given by this same guy on the NAWCC site. Anyway sure does make it easy to bush clocks now and with very great accuracy. Thanks Randy.

Take care,

Bernie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.