Home Forums General Discussion Forum Hello Everyone

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rich31462
    Participant

I have my first clock piece and it’s an Ingraham Mantel clock the Face plate reads 7 E INGRAHAM CO BRISTOL CT USA 24 OK so Am I correct in saying that this was from the time period of July 1924? Also I am new and just started the clock training and this Time piece is very different from the videos. It has two main springs and a smaller key that has something to do with the pendulum 😯 Not sure this should be my first piece to start on.

Rich

willofiam

Hello Rich @Rich31462 wrote:

Am I correct in saying that this was from the time period of July 1924?

yes, I think so.
        @Rich31462 wrote:

It has two main springs and a smaller key that has something to do with the pendulum

Sounds like the standard time and strike, should be similar to the animations Bob has. @Rich31462 wrote:

smaller key that has something to do with the pendulum

I think that would be your fast / slow regulating mechanism. When the smaller key is placed on that smaller arbor and turned, watch how that mechanism works, should raise and lower a fork that encompasses the suspension spring, when the fork is lowered it shortens the effective length (lower working portion) of the suspension spring the clock movement will run faster and visa-versa. You are right though that the time only movement like Bob uses in the videos is alot easier to deal with for your first one. I always suggest taking photos and studying the function before and during the process of taking it apart no matter what it is.

Is this a personal family clock? if so you may want to find a time only or even a time and strike that wont be as important to you to get some experience with first, can find them fairly cheap sometimes…..Have fun, William

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.