Home Forums General Discussion Forum having a problem with pocket watch winders

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    showaddywaddy
    Participant

hi i have 4 russian locomotive pocket watches and the 4 of them have the same problem when i try to wind them the hands turn and i cant pull the winder out to setting position i put new clutch wheels in them but still the same

willofiam

Hey showaddywaddy , in the watch course take a look at the videos labeled “stems, sleeves and crowns”, the answer may be there but if not please let us know, have a fantabulous day, William

showaddywaddy
        Participant

it is not in the video the course is the best but it doesn’t cover this problem thanks for your reply

Bob Tascione

Hi Showaddywaddy,
            If it’s not a sleeve adjustment as covered in the videos then is it possibly a positive set mech.?
            If so then check that the set lever (detent) is sitting in the slot of the stem and not in front, on top or anywhere else which could lock the stem in place preventing its movement. You might also check to see that the clutch lever (yoke, shipper) is in the clutch slot and not sitting between it and the winding pinion. Also check that the yoke (shipper) spring is in place. I’m assuming that the movements are in their cases when testing them?

Bob

showaddywaddy
            Participant

thanks bob that’s what is wrong i didn’t know the lever had to be in the clutch wheel i learned a huge amount from your course very good thanks again noel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.