Home Forums General Discussion Forum Happy holidays…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    tmac1956
    Participant

All:

I just want to wish everyone a preemptive Merry Christmass, Happy New Year, or a happy whatever you happen to observe this time of year. While I am relatively new to this field of study, I (as everyone here) know that we are truely blessed to be able to practice such an art/science. The learning never seems to end and I’m thankfull to have so much experience available from so many knowledgable folks as we have here in one place.

Thank you all so much and have a safe and Happy Holiday!
      Tom

randy
      Participant

Thanks Tom,,and back at you!
        I’m a mixed breed,..Buddhist-Christian ( of my own design ).
        I also feel blessed to have this forum and the great people on it, for the advice and comraderie that we enjoy.

I hope you all have a very blessed time with your families, and for the new year….

Randy

david pierce
        Participant

Tom,
          Thanks for the kind words. When I look back at the last NAWCC meeting I went to about six months ago I left in disgust. When a retired college professor did a presentation he was openly heckled because the Tea Bag political wing of the meeting did not agree with his politics. Ironicly, this was one of the few times somebody actually talked about a clock. Watches were never discussed at any of the meetings; that was it for me. This group has a lot of decent folks and I have enjoyed the experience here. I only hope that more members participate in the forum. Even a completely wrong idea causes one to think. That is really one of the best ways to learn.
          david

Bob Tascione

Thanks Tom and All and a VERY HAPPY Holiday Season to everyone reading this!
            This has been such an unbelievably fun, interesting and educational year up here on the forum! There are so many people to thank for their unselfish help and I wish I could extend a public “Thank you” to each of you by name but I would run the risk of forgetting someone and feeling like crap afterwards …we all know who you are though so here’s a BIG packaged “THANK YOU”!!! And a special ‘Gracias’ to our moderator Paul (Arutha) for keeping an eye on things from the British timezone. Paul is able to respond to a forum problem in case one arises while I’m sleeping so it’s very comforting to know we have things covered almost 24/7. THANKS PAUL and Merry Christmas to Claire and the New Banbino and the rest of your gang!

All the Best to a Great group of friends and your families!!!

Bob & Phyllis

gerene
            Participant

Happy holidays to all of you from Belgium as well. I really enjoy being on this forum and allthough I am not a very active participant, I visit the forum on a daily basis and learn a lot from reading on the comments. Thanks everybody for sharing all your knowledge.

Jan

willofiam

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone :D from a below zero Minnesota, UFF-DA, maybe I get a plane ticket to Bobs for a present 🙄 probably not because Ive been bad and Ill get a lump of coal, but hey 😯 , even a lump of coal is a great present in this weather ;) .. I hope all is well and your blessed with the love of family and friends. William

arutha
                Participant

I hope everyone has a great time during this holiday season, thank you to everyone for their participation in a great forum. It has been said before but I will say it again anyway, this is one of the few forums where everyone gets on and helps where they can. We are so fortunate to have some real experts on here and it is certainly becoming noticeable that between us there are not many, if any, questions that go unanswered. Like Bob, I dont want to start naming people but to just one person in particular, David Pearce, when people have an equipment question you jump on it and from what I have seen we are very luck to have someone with your knowledge on board :)
                  To Bob, thank you for the very kind words, continued help and inspiration. There is never a lot to do in the way of moderation as we have such a great bunch of people up here, I feel like a fraud being called a moderator, all I ever have to do up here is re-size the odd picture and delete duplicate posts :)
                  I know some of us have had our personal problems this year and the support that I have seen coming from some of the members has been impressive to say the least, so thank you guys, for making this a great place to be, for the help you give and for the questions you ask, because I am still learning from them.
                  Love and Peace to all,
                  Paul.
                  p.s. William, I have sent you those speedos you wanted for Christmas :)

willofiam

No no no Paul, you must have received the wrong list, it was the Hardinge, well, o.k. as long as you havnt worn them already.

arutha
                    Participant

@willofiam wrote:

as long as you havnt worn them already.

Only in the shop, I thought as long as they fit me ok then they would be tight on you which I know is the “look” you go for :) Happy Christmas my friend.

Bob Tascione

I know it is the “look” you go for

Good one Paul!
                        My concern is that William is gearing up for his new profile (Avatar) forum pic.!!!
                        Keep your finger on that edit button Paul! 😮

Bob

david pierce
                        Participant

I was only kidding about the SPEEDO. Arnold Schwartzneger might get jealous.
                          david

willofiam

I think you guys are jealous about my avatar, you know, as I look at it I am pretty handsome but dont look close I think I have a booger hangin out, Paul I think too much info on your shop dressing habits and remember it was David who brought up the speedo. Bob, you never know what a madman in his shop might dream up. My wife just said if I expand the shop we could put the bedroom in here with a fridge and a coffee pot, she may have been kidding but I have actually been debating the idea. Have fun today, William

david pierce
                            Participant

William,
                              We had a Hardinge HLV Super Precision Toolroom Lathe at the company I used to work for. It was far and away the most precise lahe I ever saw or used. When you would dial the cutter in to .0001 inches, that is exactly the way the cut would end up. Other lathes would require using emery strips to achieve the same result. At machine tool shows they would demonstrate the lathe by sticking a piece of drill rod out of the collet and turning a 3″ length down to the diameter of a wire. The machine weighed over a ton but you could turn a watch pivot on this thing. You can look it up on the internet; I know that MSC sells them.
                              david

willofiam

Hey David, the more I learn and do the more excited I get about these machines and the mind wanders with idea of things to make, I am sure it would cost a arm and a leg, the question would be, would it be easier to use left handed or right handed? William

willofiam

Hey David, there is a HLV-H for sale in my area, he wants 24500. loaded

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.