Home Forums General Discussion Forum hand gravers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    lad111
    Participant

who makes the hand gravers used in the lathe course?

willofiam

hey lad111 great to hear from you, just about any supply house will carry those, several different makers, I bought a whole bunch from one guy off of ebay at a really good price, I got about 13 nice handled gravers for $20, I like the carbon steel like Bob uses and handles are not critical as the video shows, you can even make them out of square end rat tail files. P.S. when posting questions put them on the main forum and they will be seen easier, it is very informative and you can search out topics, If you want you could post pictures of your shop and tools on this part and make it your own special “site”, hope to see some shop pics, have a good night hope that helps, William

willofiam

O.K. maybe I am freeking out lad111, kind of a long day, I thought I responded to your post in the other section, sorry about that, your post is in the right spot under the general discussion forum, William

Bob Tascione

Welcome to the forum Lad111.
            Hey William you’re not losing it! I must have been in the process of moving the topic over to the General Forum from the Members Shop Pic forum while you were posting your reply. You were logged in at the same time. :D

Bob

lad111
            Participant

Thank you for your response and I’ll try to remember to post in the general area. First time here.

willofiam

not a problem, Bob has a excellent moderator in Arutha and he is a wiz at moderating the forum keeping it organized and giving great advice, if you have any problems with the forum please ask him, great to have you here, William

arutha
                Participant

Bob has a moderator when his computer is working 🙄
                  A warm welcome and as William suggests, most tool supply houses will sell you graver steel, buying it is the easy bit, learning to sharpen it well is the hard bit :)
                  Paul.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.