Home Forums General Discussion Forum Hampden 95

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    chris mabbott
    Participant

This has been a great month, I’ve found three PWs that I’ve been on the prowl for for some time… First & foremost, I’m a Hampden collector, I find the company history interesting, and they made some fine and understated timepieces. Hampdens are considered not so high on the collectible list, but that’s also why I lav em 8-)

This is one of their uncommon movements, the formidable No.95. It’s a hunter, but in the hampden books, it is classed as a RR model, as apparently, some states considered hunters to be appropriate. But that’s not the reason I like it, it’s the eye candy, photographic part.. and it just looks mean..
      Here she be, pardon my shameless post 😆

arutha
      Participant

That certainly is a beauty Chris. I would post up pictures of my purchases but don’t think anyone would be interested in seeing a taper turning attachment for a holbrook lathe or a roller table remover with broken parts I need to make up, or an old clock mainspring winder which needs some modification to make it useable!
        Paul.

chris mabbott
        Participant

Thanks Pauly, but I for one would be interested in seeing tools, parts, or anything related to our little addiction :D post away my brother..

bernie weishapl
          Participant

Great looking watch Chris.

Paul post away. Always interested in tools or whatever. Always something to learn.

stevefitzwater
            Participant

:mrgreen:

we need a smiley that is drooling, so I have one to put on Chris’s pocket watch threads… for now I will go with Mr. Green, aka envy!

chris mabbott
              Participant

Oh boy, speaking about drooling….. about 25 years ago, a collector buddy of mine invited me to his place, he allowed me access to his display room where, amoungst other treasures, he had two original Hampden Watch Co marked, highly polished wood display cases with glass tops, each with about 50 compartments. Each space was occupied with Hampden salesman sample, glass backed, Hampden signed cases, each had a range of movements ranging from 15 jewel to 23 jewel high grade watches… I think this was the traumatic event that started me on the Hampden kick 😆

Although I’ll never have that dream collection in those wonderful display cases, I’ve never forgotten that scene 8-) Hell, I forget most other things, but not that baby.. 😯

stevefitzwater
                Participant

You realize that after every time I read your newest post, I spend countless hour looking at Pocket Watches…. when my wife see’s what I am looking at, she asks me “now what did that guy on the forum post?” I have shown her several of your acquisitions.

Right now I am not adding to my collection, as I have approx. 40 – 50 watches waiting for me to work on and I am waiting til I complete my watchmakers bench, but when I have worked my way through that… WATCH OUT… I will spend even more time looking.. LOL

chris mabbott
                  Participant

😆 Nothing wrong with looking Steve, that is still free, at least until some bright spark figures out how to charge us for that too 🙄

Why do I always hear that old Beatles song…. Tax Man

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.