Home Forums General Discussion Forum Ghost Hours

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have a movement that out of the blue, will start counting the hours down and stop on random hours and the striking process is not completed (1/2 strikes no chime sounds occur). Also sometimes it will do like a 1/2 strike on the 1/2 hours(No chime sounds occur).

Can anyone point me in the right direction to correcting this issue?

Bob Tascione

Hey Riverrat Lightfoot,
      Yes if the strike isn’t able to complete then the chime isn’t going to kick in. Not sure what is happening at the half strike/chime though. Sounds like something is hanging up though and not dirt or wear if it just started acting up out of the blue. That’s puzzling, what movement are we dealing with here?
      Bob

E Ingrahm Co, BristolCT USA

No other markings that I can see. Pulled movement from case and now installed on a stand. Closer inspection shows nothing stands out as being wrong.

Bob Tascione

Hi Riverrat,
        Ok sorry I was a bit confused. When you used the words strike and chime in the same sentence I assumed you had a time, strike and chime movement. Right offhand I can’t think of any Ingraham movement with both strike and chime. Might be some out there though, not sure. I’m guessing you have a time and strike there at this point. If not then please let me know and post a pic of it if you can.
        If it was working fine for a long period of time and then all of a sudden failed even after fully winding then I would still think something is hanging up somewhere. Otherwise you’re looking at need for a good cleaning and servicing. If you haven’t serviced it then definitely need to do that if you’re not seeing any obvious issues.

Bob

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.