Home Forums General Discussion Forum German mantle clock

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    clockman1509
    Participant

Good evening one and all. I have just picked this wind up mantle clock on ebay. Its meant to be Late Georgian early Victorian. Bought this as a training clock.
      It has a wind up movement like an alarm. I new that it was not working. On arrival I stripped the movement out to get some idea of what I was looking at, photo’s attached.
      I can find no marks on the movement or back cover to say who made the clock. My question is has any one come across a clock like this in their horological travels.

arutha
      Participant

Hi Alan,
        trying to figure out who has made your clock will be a tough one. You are correct in thinking it is German. These small pin pallet movements are quite easy to work on and the most common problems are worn pins on the pallet, bushings and worn teeth on the escape wheel. I use a small cable tie around the mainspring and then let the spring down fully, if you dont do this you will find the parts ping out all over the place when you take the plates apart. If the pins on the pallet are worn they can be replaced with blued pivot steel.
        I will be in touch soon, have a lot going on at the moment.
        Paul.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.