Home Forums General Discussion Forum Gear Train Question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    chaplin37
    Participant

Good afternoon everyone, I have an womens elgin watch that I serviced and it still isn’t running and I think I know the answer but thought I would run it by everyone. So I have removed the pallet fork and balance and have wound it to check the train and everything moves with no problems, but when I put the balance and fork back and wind nothing happens. I noticed when I removed one of the plates that the center wheel comes up with the plate and I’m guessing that that is the problem. Anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this? Should I polish the pivot? Thanks

arutha
      Participant

When you wound the watch without the pallets and balance wheel did you see the escape wheel just stop or did it slowly come to a halt and then reverse its direction for a bit?
        If not then you still have dirt in the train/pivot holes or possibly a bent pivot?
        If any of the pivot holes are unjewelled there could also be wear in which case some bushing might be needed?
        Paul.

chaplin37
        Participant

Good afternoon, It just comes to a halt with no backlash. I will check for dirt again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.