Home Forums General Discussion Forum Frozen Screw… ugh

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    willofiam

napa sells it up here.

stevefitzwater
      Participant

Ok, today I was finally able to get the screw loose, after countless soaks of PB Blaster and other such fluids, and a couple attempts to heat it, I spent an hour under the microscope and a very sharp very small screw driver, cleaning off the build up that was around the screw. Then I got out a new blade for the proper sized screw driver, and tried it, nothing, then I said lets go turn it to the right (tighten it), it moved about an 1/8 of a turn, so turned it back to the left, I gained a very small amount, so I basically turn it back and forth, each time I was able to back it out a little more until I got it out. I have cleaned and polished that screw so you can hardly tell it was every rusty, but I am unsure what to do with the threads in the main plate, thinking about getting a different screw and run it in and out while applying oil, I do not have a tap or die (that would of been the “proper way”), my concern is after I service this watch that it the thread will rust again, giving whomever services it next the same headache. Any suggestion, or just wait til I can pick up a tap and die set for it.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.