Home Forums General Discussion Forum Flea market find

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    c.kelly
    Participant

Hi all,
      Been awhile since I posted anything but I’m vacationing next week and thought I would go out and try to find a watch to work on while I’m off. Didn’t find a watch but I did get this clock I’m posting pictures of. Wasn’t much of a project as I already have it going pretty well. I am curious as to the maker. Movement is stamped made in Germany with a name possibly below that maybe begins with the letter F. Clock looks like it is from the 50’s. Dial has a white ring with numbers and a wooden center. I’ll post that picture next as I’m having satellite issues right now. Any ideas on who maker might be would be appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Charles

c.kelly
      Participant

Face of clock

arutha
        Participant

Hi Charles,
          nice find!
          Cant see who the maker is due to the quality of the picture, if you can try a retake in daylight it should come out much clearer.
          Paul.

c.kelly
          Participant

Hi,
            Here is another picture but I don’t think it’s much better. I have investigated the mark on the lower left area. What I am sure of is “_a_ch”. First letter looks like “f” however it could be an L and my wife said it might be J. Now to me the third letter looks like an “n” however since the mark is in a script font maybe it could be a “u”? When I start trial and error guessing I come up with a possible makers name of Jauch. I find they were a maker of grandfather clocks earlier. Don’t really know much more about them. Any other possibilities I don’t know about.
            As you can see after I stopped the clock the bob sits at a odd angle which I haven’t done anything to change. Since last night clock is dead on accurate and has a very good tone when it stricks the hour and half hour. It has three stricking hammers. Not really sure where we are going to put it yet but I do like it’s look and the way it sounds.
            Thanks,
            Charles

arutha
            Participant

Hi Charles,
              I think you have got it! It certainly looks like a Jauch from the case style. I cant find much info about the company other than they stopped producing clocks in the 1980’s.
              A very nice find and becoming collectable :)
              Paul.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.