Home Forums General Discussion Forum First watch, keywind

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mclark3617
    Participant

Ok, ive started taking apart my first watch. First of all what the proper term for this movement, geneva, bar?
      And its a keywind keyset. Now im ready to take off the center bar, but its not giving easy. The cannon barrel is still attached, but im wondering if the key mechanism is holding it at all. Same for the main spring barrel, is there anying i should be aware of before lifting that out also?

randy
      Participant

Have you released the mainspring ????

mclark3617
        Participant

And this is the bottom of the balance cock, you cant see it, but the balance spring didnt mount to anything, there is a small hole on the bottom part that the spring thread though,,maybe two rotations,,but didnt mount anywere, is something missing or is that normal for this movement?

mclark3617
          Participant

Yea there is no tension on the main spring

randy
            Participant

I would remove the canon pinion for sure.
              Then see if the bar will release once the screws are out.

As for the balance, the hairsping has to be “captured” on the end by a stud, and the first coil passes through the small regulating pins.
              I’m thinking this one is simply missing ?

mclark3617
              Participant

Thanks,,I have to wait for my hand puller to get here before i can remove the cannon pinion, and i just noticed on another watch i just got how the hairspring is captured in that hole with a simple pin. Thanks

randy
                Participant

You’re welcome…and good luck.

Randy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.