First Breguette Pocket Watch Movement!!!

Home Forums General Discussion Forum First Breguette Pocket Watch Movement!!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    maitai11
    Participant
    • Topics Started: 62
    • Total Posts: 428

Hi Fella’s,

I just had to have this one. Ya know, the squared lines, the difference between all the other watches out there, and this one. Doesn’t tick, but will when I get done with it! Shooting in the dark (didn’t have my book at the time,) I paid $7200, shipping included. While I hope I didn’t pay too much, it’s really a small amount, or just a bit more what I would probably pay for a similar American movement. Here’s the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-PAUL-BREGUETTE-17J-SWISS-POCKET-WATCH-MOVEMENT-PARTS-REPAIR-/381130390275?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=gwfKmQm2TMTY21U5fn5ZLnDv%252BsM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

…And…there’s nothing in the book about it anyway. Just a shot in the dark.

I also picked up an assortment of 100 mostly blued pocket watch hands, as well as 50 crystals in the range I need for some pieces (which are just stupid difficult to measure correctly) that need a new “window” to look out of.

Here:

Hands: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LARGE-LOT-OF-ANTIQUE-NOS-POCKET-WATCH-HANDS-PARTS-REPAIR-/381124405431?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=gwfKmQm2TMTY21U5fn5ZLnDv%252BsM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Crystals: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-50-ANTIQUE-GLASS-POCKET-WATCH-CRYSTALS-PARTS-/201268556216?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=gwfKmQm2TMTY21U5fn5ZLnDv%252BsM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I just felt I needed some stock – I always feel like, “Oh, man, I need one of these, or two of those…” so, it was just time, and I’ll most likely do a little more for the more common items that I can get at reasonable prices. Even if I find ONE of something I need, I can always sell the rest if I don’t have further need – or, as in the case of the watch hands, I’d need about five or six to get my money back. I’ve seen them for 15-20 bucks plus shipping, and they probably cost even more at times. Took a risk.

Take care,

Best,

Tim :)

chris mabbott
    Participant
    • Topics Started: 119
    • Total Posts: 1525

Hey TIm, cool looking plate design, and welcome to Switzerland ;)

I seem to recall Paul Breguette being the American brand of Edel Swiss manufacturers, and I seem to have a fragment of memory that an American jewelry chain purchased the name, maybe Kay Jewelers?? I’m surfing from old files over here which aint too reliable :? so you may want to research it yourself.

You may have a small problem finding parts for this one, depending on what is causing the non-running condition..
    It seems to be in the art deco style 1920 -1930ish which fits in the time frame of US sales, or it may be a retro revival look from a later date, you never quite know with older Swiss models.

The fun is in the exploration..

david pierce
    Participant
    • Topics Started: 90
    • Total Posts: 1360

Tim,
    Did you mean $72.00 or $7200.00? If you paid $7200.00 for a watch I would like to sell you a cool set of taps and dies. I can print the name BERGEON on the box free of charge.
    david

maitai11
    Participant

Correct, $72.00 DOLLARS :)

Good catch, David! There’s a bridge for sale somewhere in all of this…BTW, is it even WORTH $72 clams??? What say you, O guru de’ workshop?

:) T

maitai11
    Participant

Thanks Chris, once I get my paws on it, I’ll take a closer look – and GREAT CALL on that whole “Art Deco” style – I think you nailed it!!!

Tim :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
maitai11First Breguette Pocket Watch Movement!!!