Home Forums General Discussion Forum Finishing off a bushing job

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    twoess
    Participant

Hi, do you guy’s after installing a bushing ever chamfer or countersink the oil sink on the bushing. If so what do you use. I have heard of the Bergeon Countersink set and also a Chamfer tool like on a bushing machine being used. Any Suggestions or is’nt this step necessary. Thanks

bernie weishapl
      Participant

I use this one if I make my own with the lathe but if I use the KWM series which I use 90% of the time they already have oil sinks.

http://timesavers.com/i-9500991-10mm-kwm-style-chamfering-cutter.html

arutha
        Participant

I cut oil sinks with drill bits holding them by hand if they are sharp or put them in a pin chuck and then finish off with a ball burr.
          Paul.

willofiam

Depends on what the rest of the plate has as far as oil cups cut or not, I would try and match what is there, Also look close at the oil cups, the cup is not a straight champher, it is a round cup. The reason is so that when the clock is in the vertical position the curved oil cup helps keep the oil in place. I use ball cutters but I do not have a source for you as I have had these for some time. William

arutha
            Participant

If you dont mind buying from the UK – https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/ball-cousins-most-popular. They sell bigger sizes too but you may have to look through their site to find them. Ebay is worth a look too!
              Try and avoid the diamond ball burrs as they leave the sink with quite a rough finish.
              With regard to what William posted about copying what is already there, this is what I do with drill bits. You can, if you are careful, grind the tips to give you the shape you need.
              Paul.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.