Home Forums General Discussion Forum FINAL QUESTION __FOR TODAY

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    watchthebear
    Participant

Hi folks, I have read everything I could find in the previous posts about cleaning and the possibility of an ingredient in the solution loosening the shellac on the balance and pallet jewels. I have gotten confused. Is it acetone that you don’t want in the cleansing solution if you include the above mentioned jewels; and is it Isopropryl Alcohol you don’t want in the rinse, for the same reason? Or is it a matter of the time that you suspend these jeweled parts in the cleanser and the rinse that makes the difference? I am going to try the cleanser that has Murphys’, bleach, and acetone. and final rinse w/ alcohol to dry. I am open to any suggestions requiring change if it will insure i don’t loosen the jewels–this would be trouble I don’t need. If I am not clear here, I will post again after I get a few responses. Thanks a lot folks. Take care………………….b

watchthebear
      Participant

Hello all……….sorry folks, the cap.lock was on………….b

david pierce
        Participant

Bear,
          Shellac disolves in alcohol.
          david

watchthebear
          Participant

Good evening all, thanks David!…………….stay well……b

mahlon
            Participant

I know nothing about jewels but I do work with shelac about every day. Shellac is cut or thined with alchol, so it would make since to me that would also release the jewels.

david pierce
              Participant

Mahlon,
                Do you work with furniture or with wood?
                david

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.