• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    bernie weishapl
    Participant

Starting next Friday I will probably be out of the shop for about a 1 1/2 months. So I will be in and out of the forum. I am having eye surgery for cataracts and floaters. One eye will be done 3/28 and the other on 4/25. It will surely be nice to see again and no more black spots floating around my vision. Everything I am doing is starting to look cloudy. I guess I wasn’t aware of them but he said sometimes they come on quickly which mine did. Anyway enough of that. Will be happy when they are done and I can see colors brightly again and not see things thru a gray cloud. It has affected my clock work a lot especially trying to put them back together and getting the pivots aligned. Anyway will still be on the forum just can’t do the shop because he said he wants to take no chances of getting anything in them. So going to be a long 1 1/2 months. So guess I will get my garden seeds started and at least have something to do. :D

willofiam

Hey Bernie, I will keep you in prayer, I have talked to several people who have had similar operations done with great success, keep us updated, William

bernie weishapl
        Participant

Will do William. I have talked with several and they all say getting rid of the black spots and being able to see is wonderful. They told me you won’t believe the brightness of everything and they all said you won’t believe that white will actually be white. Just be nice to see clearly again.

gerene
          Participant

Wish you all the best with your surgery and hope for a fast recovery.

Jan

ewinrow
            Participant

Hey Bernie,
              Take your time and wish you a fast and speedy recovery.

chris mabbott
              Participant

Bernie my brother, I would wish you good luck but ya know what, you won’t need it because this operation is a piece of cake, maybe even pie :-)

My mom had the same thing done a few months ago, she had all but made a will haha

She told me that she sat waiting while the med fiddled around, then she asked…. How much longer before you start ?
                He said… You’re done lol

Now she can see good, not like a 17 yr old, but like a 75 yr old with 80% better vision.

Good news is you can send me your eye loupes lol

tmac1956
                Participant

Bernie:

I wish you the best with that. However, a word of caution… I lost a retina from simple cateract surgery about four years ago – thus I am functionally blind in what was my dominant right eye. It’s not just losing the vision, but now I have virtually no depth perception because of it. How am I doing working with tiny watch parts? The best I can I suppose.

I also have a cataract in my left eye. However, there is a way to protect yourself from having a retinal detactment and I can assure you that I will do it BEFORE I let anyone work on my remaining eye. They can laser your retina down a few weeks before you have this done – that will prevent it from comming loose. If only someone had told me about this before the surgery, I would have had it done – even if I had to pay for it out of pocket.

Sorry for the horror story but I always tell everyone that I know who is considering this procedure that its not risk free. The doctors usually don’t put much emphasis on the risks because the percentage of retinal detachments is pretty low. Unless of course it happens to you – then the risk is 100%.

Anyway – you will be in my prayers…

God Bless.
                  Tom

arutha
                  Participant

Good luck Bernie and hope you make a speedy recovery.
                    Paul.

bernie weishapl
                    Participant

Thanks everyone. Tom I do understand. There are risks with everything and no way to get around it. I am pretty confident in the Doctor I chose. He said he has about 98,000 or so cataract surgeries under his belt. So I guess with a little luck and the good Lord’s help hopefully all will be well. I will let everyone know when it is done and let you know how it went. Thanks again for the prayers and well wishes. It means a lot to me.

Bob Tascione

Hey Bernie,
                        Been away for a couple of days. You had mentioned this pending surgery in an email a couple of months ago. The time sure passed quickly!
                        Wishing you a very fast recovery. We’ll all try to keep you busy up here until you can break back into the shop!
                        Best of luck mi amigo!
                        Bob

bernie weishapl
                        Participant

Thanks Bob. I am not one to sit but guess it is better to get them healed up. I will still be around on the computer and maybe I can pass some help on here and there. :D

michael weaver
                          Participant

Best of luck to you Bernie. You won’t even need to use a loupe when you get done!

mahlon
                            Participant

I will keep you in my prayers Bernie. My brother just had it done a month or so ago, and no longer has to ware glasses. I am looking at that same thing in the near future. I am afraid that when it is done that I might see that what I thought was quality work I was doing was just good at best 😯 Mahlon

bernie weishapl
                              Participant

Thanks again. Mahlon that is my biggest fear. I thought I polished a pivot only to be a half way job. 😆

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.