• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    bernie weishapl
    Participant

Well just talked with Bob via e-mail so thought I would post on here. Went to Colby today at 9 am and it took them a hour to prep me. At 10 am I was layed on the operating table and the surgeon started. At 10:11 am he said he was done. I went to the recovery for my vitals check and was headed home at 10:20 am. Right eye has a slight white cast yet but should be gone by morning. I have to stay out of the shop for 2 weeks, can’t bend over, and have to stay out of the wind for a week. 4 drops of antibiotics and 4 steroids 4 times a day for I think 3 weeks. So looks like some more reading and house time.

Anyway everything went well and I can see better than I have in years. I just can’t believe how white white is. Colors are now so vibrant. I read the paper this afternoon and no glasses. I am working on the computer and no glasses so I am a happy camper. Can’t wait to see what things look like when I get to work on some clocks. :D Thanks for all the well wishes and thanks Bob for the e-mail.

ewinrow
      Participant

Glad you are almost up to snuff. Everything went well, that is a blessing. Take your time on healing, you’ll be back in your shop in no time. Meanwhile, take your time, Ed. 8-)

arutha
        Participant

So pleased for you Bernie, I hope your recovery is quick.
          Paul.

gerene
          Participant

Glad to hear everything went well.

Jan

bernie weishapl
            Participant

Thanks to all. Yes I will take my time. I know it sounds goofy but was up around 5 am this morning. Went outside and watched Robins find worms and collect nesting material. Amazes me how much of my sight I had lost over the last few years. Grass this morning is so green. Anyway enough rambling. I am just thankful to the Man up above for giving me this new chance to see well again.

tmac1956
              Participant

Bernie:

You are lucky indeed! I know you’ll be back in action in no time.

Later,
                Tom

bernie weishapl
                Participant

Thanks Tom. I will indeed.

bernie weishapl
                  Participant

Just a note. I put the boys (2 mini doxie pups) out back this morning at 5:30. Sat out back with them and sipped my coffee. I just couldn’t believe how much greener the grass looked and the neighbors newly painted house now actually looks white instead of a amberish white color. Just a observation. Eye Doc appointment Tuesday to see if any problems then 2 more weeks of 4 drops of antibiotic and 4 drops of steriod a day then should be good to go. Eye Doc appointment in 1 week later to see where I stand as far as glasses go. Hopefully he will say I just need readers for the extra small print like on bottles, etc. Thanks for the support, thoughts and prayers from all. It is truly appreciated.

mahlon
                    Participant

Bernie, I am so glad that all went well. You have been in my prayers. Sounds like you have a very bright future you man ;) Mahlon

bernie weishapl
                      Participant

Thanks Mahlon. I appreciate it. I am thankful to the Man upstairs watching over me.

willofiam

Hey Bernie, now that your seeing better you may be in trouble, like noticing your house may need painting, or seeing clock movements clearer may take longer to get them clean 😆 I know if it were me I would be scaring myself when I look into the mirror 🙄
                          Really though, very happy for you, sounds like you are really excited and ready to get back at it with a brand new perspective. Take care, God bless and keep in touch, William

bernie weishapl
                          Participant

Thanks William. Had to laugh the first day after surgery I wore sunglasses to shave. I know go ahead and laugh but the lights were so bright I just couldn’t stand in front of them long. 😆 I went to the shop today just to look at a clock and it was nice to see things that I won’t need a loupe for.

Oh and William there is nothing on my house to paint. I made sure of that the last time I remodeled the outside. I made up my mind no more painting. :mrgreen:

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.