Home Forums General Discussion Forum Eye Candy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    chris mabbott
    Participant

Just thought I would post this as I’ve been staring at it for an hour while listening to some tunes 😆 Love the eye buzz from American PWs 😯
      Those demaskeening guys had to be smokin sumtin..

bernie weishapl
      Participant

Love those watches that are demaskeened. Dem boys were good.

bernie weishapl
        Participant

Oh Chris I got 2 more 16s Elgins. One is 15j and the other is 7j. The guys that desmaskeened these probably either smoked to much or not enough. Not sure which. 😆 What is funny both run but no cases and have some slight dial damage but hey will get’em fixed and hopefully sell them.

chris mabbott
          Participant

Can you post a couple of photogs Bernie, when you get the chance of course :-)
            Elgin & Waltham had some great eye candy designs, some of them you can get lost in, like looking down a well and feeling yourself getting pulled in haha

I wonder if they, the demask crew, were given a design to follow or if it was….. Here ya go boyz perform your magic based on the word….. Leaf, for example lol

Some of the designs have actual destinations, spring, winter, cascade etc
            Whatever it was, they really had to know their equipment and the effects it could produce. I shudder to think about the mess I would make if i was given free reign lol

bernie weishapl
            Participant

Sorry Chris. I was going to but it was late and had a storm coming quick so had to shut down. Lots of lightening. Here they are. I wondered that to. Wondered if they were given instructions for higher end watches down to the low end. Either way those guys were good.

chris mabbott
              Participant

Thanks Bernie, they’re nice ones, are they two tone or is it just the light?

Shame about the missing cases, such is the fate of Pw’s 👿

bernie weishapl
                Participant

I think that is just the light and my wife has the camera so this was a cellphone. I have my eye on a couple of cases. If I can get them at a decent price I will be good to go.

chris mabbott
                  Participant

Bernie, that’s very decent of you old chap, to allow your wife to use the camera ;)

Good luck on the cases, I’ll be curious to see the completed projects. I love it when movements have been rescue 911’d
                    pieces of history saved from the parts man.. Hopefully for someone in another 60-100 years to enjoy..

bernie weishapl
                    Participant

Me to Chris. I hate seeing things like watches or clocks going to the bone yard. Just makes me sick. I have rescued several clocks and gone on to sell them. Funny part is most of the time it is for what I have in it but half the fun is seeing it ticking away again just like in its glory days. :D

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.